With the exception of visitors from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all other visitors to Bhutan need a visa.
Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals can obtain a visa at the port of entry on producing a valid passport with a minimum of 6 month validity (Indian nationals may also use their Voters Identity Card (VIC)).
All other tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. The visa will be processed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) once the full payment of your holiday (including a USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received in the TCB bank account. Once received the visa clearance will be processed within 72 working hours.
We will apply for your Bhutan visa after the full tour payment is received and will require the following:
1. Scanned Passport Copy (pg w/pic & details) sent via email. Your photo must be clear.
2. Your passport should be valid for at least 6 month after your planned date of departure from Bhutan.
ARRIVAL BY AIR
• Visa applications are cleared in advance, and a visa clearance doc will be forwarded to you two weeks prior to your arrival date. The visa clearance doc is required for check-in/boarding of Druk Air/ Bhutan Airlines flight.
• On arrival at the Paro International Airport, the Actual visa is stamped on your passport.
• Passport size photo is NOT required for Immigration at Paro Airport.
ARRIVAL BY LAND: (BORDER TOWNS OF PHUNTSHOLING & SAMDRUP JONGKHAR)
• Visa applications are cleared in advance, and a visa clearance doc will be forwarded to you two weeks prior to your arrival date. The visa clearance doc is required at the border Immigration Check Points at Phuntsholing & Samdrup Jongkhar.
• On arrival at the border town Immigration Check Points at Phuntsholing & Samdrup Jongkhar, the Actual visa is stamped on your passport.
• Passport size photo is NOT required.
• Finger prints and photos will be taken at the at border town Immigration Check Points at Phuntsholing & Samdrup Jongkhar. Please make sure to travel with the same passsport on which the Bhutan visa was issued. We will not be held responsible if the passport on which the visa was issued does not match the passport used to travel to Bhutan. In such an event, you will not be allowed to board the Druk Air flight or enter Bhutan at the border towns of Phuntsholing & Samdrup Jongkhar.
Other Country Visas: Please make sure you have the necessary visas & documents required for other countries that you may transit through or visit before/after Bhutan.